34 pict 3 tuning and or problems

post questions about your car

34 pict 3 tuning and or problems

Postby mercury3113 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:39 pm

OK so I got a brand new 34 PICT and I am not sure but I think I have problems. I have been trying to tune this thing for a few days now and it works just not well. In order to keep it running the volume control screw has to be almost all the way in to run like 1/2 a turn out from bottom. That and it seems to be dripping gas inside the Carb even after the car is off. I have checked for air leeks and have not found any. Its just from what I have been reading it should not be like that. On a side note if anyone knows where I could pick up a IRS transaxle for a 75 or place to get it rebuilt for a good price I would be very thankful. Thanks for an help.

PS the new Carb is a china one. Only because they did not have the other in stock with the alternator linkage.
Random avatar
mercury3113

Re: 34 pict 3 tuning and or problems

Postby vdubjim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:23 pm

make sure your throttle cable is not pulling the throttle arm at idle. it should be free and barely touching the fast idle cam. make sure your intake doesnt have air leaks, the boots etc. All vaccum ports on carb are plugged if not used. Normally those carbs are pretty decent, main jet might be one size too small.

Tuning help.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56411
http://www.vw-resource.com/34pict3.html#carb

BTW how much was bethanys carb?
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby mercury3113 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:50 pm

i have not found any air leaks. and the cable and fast idle screw are set right... should gas be dripping inside after its shut off? it was 170ish...
Random avatar
mercury3113

Postby vdubjim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

No. something is not adjusted correctly .
vdubjim
Site Admin

Return to Tech Help

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums