brake problems

post questions about your car

brake problems

Postby new2vw » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 pm

I have replace dthe master cylinder, all four wheel cylindeers ,and the front flex lines. I have bled them till I am blue in the face. I even paid expert tire $48 to power bleed them and they said that the front didn't have any air, and he couldn't get much flow throught the rear. I know I need to replace the rear flex lines but I don't think that could be letting the pedal go to the floor. I thought the new master cylinder was bad so I took it back and got another, mounted it , bled it.Same thing, except now, I can pump them a few times really fast and lockup front passenger wheel.Pleases any advice?
Random avatar
new2vw

Re: brake problems

Postby vdubjim » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:25 pm

did you adjust the shoes correctly?

Rarely does power bleeding work on vws due to the wheel cylinder design, im told.
Is the long line on the floor ok? If its cracked and sucking air youll get no pedal too.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby new2vw » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:21 am

I will be making a trip to Bethany imports Sat. to pick up rear flex lines. I know they are out of adjustment. I should've paid more attention to the adjustment part. I returned the master cylinder to autozone and i think once I replace the rear lines, adjust, and bleed them they will work.We will see.
Random avatar
new2vw

Postby vdubjim » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Adjustment is the key otherwise you pump the brakes the pads move and dont push on the drum giving you pedal.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Return to Tech Help

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums