Bugorama

General chat that is VW related

Bugorama

Postby dabestigot » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 am

We just got back from Phoenix and the 1st of the year Bugorama. What a show! More cars than I've ever seen, the swap meet was huge! The drag racing was very good but I would have expected more. There were only about 4 or 5 cars in each of 5 or 6 classes. They tell me that the Sacramento Bugorama is the best for the drag racing part. I did see a bug turn an 8.34 at 176 mph. :o

I am such a rookie though. We were right where you want to be, about the first 15 cars in line when they opened. People made a mad dash to the swap meet pulling their little red wagons, which at the time I thought was odd, but it all came clear as they loaded 'em up with parts. I had a guy buy a radio right out from underneath me, I didn't understand just how rude you have to be to get what you want. He bought 6 of the 8 radios this guy had and I later found out he runs a restoration shop and also had a booth there.

We didn't stay for the awards but the car show part was really good. We saw a young, really young, couple witht their brand new camper in perfect shape. I think it was a '66 green sun dial (not sure) that he bought at the Barret-Jackson auction this year. When I was his age I didn't have two nickles to rub together. He said it was his 1st VW and that he always wanted one as a kid. He's still a kid and what an entry level car!

I've got a few pictures and videos but it would take a long time for me to be able to post. Heck, I still have a VCR and think blue rays come from the moon. Maybe I'll try but they're not that good anyway.

Sorry for the long post. Bottom line, go to one of these if you can.
Random avatar
dabestigot

Re: Bugorama

Postby vdubjim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I remember those when i lived there, good stuff! Crazy that there are half that many cars here, driven or hiding in garages, yet people just dont wanna roll them out. :cry:
vdubjim
Site Admin

Return to Vw Discussion

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums