Good thing this thing is free

Chat not relating to VWs

Good thing this thing is free

Postby vdubjim » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 pm

with the amount of traffic we get, and then those that actually post......... wow.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Re: Good thing this thing is free

Postby JcB6685 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Post are few and far in between... Still working on the bug..
Random avatar
JcB6685

Postby vwracerdave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 pm

I gave up posting. I have to log in every time and it's not worth the hassle.

Last meeting only 2 people showed up.
vwracerdave

Postby vdubjim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Imagine if the 278 members of this page all couldn't bother typing 2 words and clicking a button lije you.

Oh wait they don't.

No worries dave, I'm sure at the show there will be bad ass cars nobody has seen before, and after the show nobody will see again.

It's as if VWs are some weird status symbol or something. Kind of like the 3 VW shops don't even drive VW themselves.

oh well, I'll enjoy them either way.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby Joe-405 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I TYPE !
Joe-405

Highscores: 4

Postby JcB6685 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:21 pm

It is a bit crazy that no one posts. Although, I understand the lack of posts, because when someone does post, few respond.... Either way, I will continue to build my VW
Random avatar
JcB6685

Postby vdubjim » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Too difficult to login I guess. Well when this server goes down that's it..... I'm done...
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby Fireplug77 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 am

I've gone to Face book for oklahomavwcruiser EZ'er to use and if I want to say something I can without resigning on. Robert
Fireplug77

Postby gimpy60 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm

8-) the overwhelming enthusiasm on this board just blows my mind, as does the enthusiasm with the (members). Oh well, we can still meet @ Yukon once a year and look at all our shiny cars that we haul out to show them. :roll: I lost count of the trailers last Sat. ;)
Random avatar
gimpy60

Postby gimpy60 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

pee ess, Joe that ain't a vw, take it somewhere else where I don't have to look at it. David, iff ya' let us know when yer bringin' out one of yer hot rods, we MIGHT come out & cheer ya on.......JP CEO Stella Skunkwerks of Ok. 8-)
Random avatar
gimpy60

Postby 69ghia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:15 am

What we have here is a failure to comunicate. I have been lacking in the posting department as well. This situation has been coming on for awhile now. I remember two years ago when we set plans for a criuse to the Rock Cafe and John and I were the only two that went. There is a lack of wanting to participate around here in anything we do. I want to cruise go to shows and participatre in the VW scene but around here it's like pulling teeth. In will be going to Sandyn lake VW show in Dallas next month as well. It's on the second sunday of July.
69ghia

Postby vdubjim » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:24 am

I still blame volksclub. Seriously.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby JcB6685 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 am

Failure to communicate is exactly it. It doesn't take too much effort to check the forum to see if any one posted, and respond with something other then, "Use the search feature." I am not saying we should meet every week and such, as that is often too hard for people with families. However, it shouldn't be too difficult to respond and help each other with their ideas or questions. That is what drew me here, was at first, people were willing to give their two cents and offer assistance if needed. But, that is not so much the case anymore.
Random avatar
JcB6685

Postby JcB6685 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 am

Also, I do not know what Volksclub is...
Random avatar
JcB6685

Postby vwracerdave » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:48 pm

We don't do anything.

May meeting only 2 people showed up. June meeting I hung around the parking lot and nobody else showed up so I went home.

The truth is everybody want somebody else to do it.

We all need to take a good long look in the mirror and see who's fault it really is.

Do we have a facebook page? I've never seen or heard about it. How come there are no links?

Jim, it has nothing to do with the old club.

Me personally, I don' care about any of this computer media junk. I want to hang out at a drive-in, the parts house, or somebody's shop for face to face BS'ing and looking at your VW.

My job has become a hell factory and I've only gone racing 3 times this year.

It' not just VW's the entire Hot Rod culture is dying out.
vwracerdave

Postby vdubjim » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:33 pm

I dis agree dave. 60% of new vw people I meet, that have been vw people for a while express dis interest in other vw people or events citing "the old vw club"
whoda thunk it, all those arguments etc.. Took their toll.

As for meeting I can see why none do it, they are boring and on a school nite for many, he'll even the guy who made them that day doesn't go....not me.

Facebook and the internet are here to stay, even Ron is on there, funny he doesn't do vw events.....hmmm. If you don't know what something is type it in Google.

Maybe dave, start a cruise night. I'm sure it will blow up, then fizzle out like always. Remember those meets at mazzios on 240?

What's the solution? I think nothing. Volksclub, Oklahoma street and sandtoys, del city people's club, all die, not to lack of cars or people but lack of effort and enthusiasm.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby 69ghia » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:16 am

The bottom line is it takes A LOT of effert for this to work. By effert I mean by all of us to get this site going again. I see what Dave and Jim is saying, yes the old Volks club did a lot of people wrong and yes all the clubs pretty much have died out, but with the work and effert I think it can and will grow again. I'm down with getting a VW club going again but it cant be done by one person and it especialy can't be done with arguments and nit picking all the time. I've been around the VW scene here my entire life and I've seen and heard it all. Dave I've been to the meetings as well and no one has showed up. I didnt drive my ghia because I no longer have it. Cash money convinced me that someone else needed it more than I. But never fear I have a project going and always have others to drive.
69ghia

Postby Fireplug77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes, I've been to a couple of meeting where ther was one or two individuals or the wrong night. Yes we should start doing something as a club. I wrote Jim awhile back about getting some help from others because no one person can do it all. I have miss some meeting too because after I've work a hard day and I get cleaned up I forget about the meeting. If we could have a reminder by E-mail a day or two before it could help and/or change the meeting to a weekend.
Fireplug77

Postby derbug » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Let me know when and where....I will be there....
that is why I joined this forum....was going to attend the
November meeting....but then read on another post....that
probably no one would be there....when one of the members
asked the question time and place...for he had been out of the area
and ....was answered by probably no meeting......Like I said
LET ME KNOW: WHEN AND WHERE....I WILL BE THERE
derbug

Return to OFF Topic discussion

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums