KYB

post questions about your car

KYB

Postby gimpy60 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:35 am

Okay I followed every lead on Samba & got me some gas ryders, short ones for front of my Ghia. Lowered car about 3" with adjusters only. Rode better without the shox on it, man they are stiff. Can't go too far, don't have brakes yet (or tag). Run it out to the road a few times to warm the shox up, but still rides like hell. If I went back to an oil shock, does anyone have experience that would help me determine if it would help? Let me know if you have any ideas. thanx JP
Random avatar
gimpy60

Re: KYB

Postby vdubjim » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:50 am

Lowered cars with adjusters ride like shit anyways.
Empi sells short shocks that are supposed to help, i only use drop spindles so i dont know.
Dont run shocks if it runs better that way LOL.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby superwoodrow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Are they gas pressure shocks? If they are that might be some of your problem, changing to oil shocks may help, but as Jim says lowered with adjusters ride like shit anyway. If it rides better without, that may be the way to go.

Brett
superwoodrow

Postby 69ghia » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Take it from a ghia man like my self. Go with lowered spindles. It's the only way to keep the better ride. You wont like not running any shocks either. You rub every time you turn/go down a rough road. Trust me it sucks. Thats how I use to run my car before I went to lowered spindles. Spend the money and do it right the first time...

Richard...
69ghia

Postby 1973_super » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:14 pm

i love my lowering struts it rides good haha
1973_super

Return to Tech Help

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums