Need Help with VW Bus

post questions about your car

Need Help with VW Bus

Postby 71BayinOKC » Sat May 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Posted this on TheSamba.com and was referred here....Wife and I bought a 1971 Bay about a year ago that was missing a motor. Not long after that we bought a 1600 Dual Port AH motor out of a bug and have since had it bolted in. The problem is neither of us (including my father) know much about VW's. I was wondering if someone in the OKC/Moore area that knows about VW's would be willing to come take a look at the bus and give us an idea on what it needs to get on the road. My wife's birthday is coming up in July and I would love to be able to have it on the road for her birthday. I'm not asking for someone to come over and do the work for us but rather just someone to maybe write down a parts list of what we will need so we can purchase the parts and put it on ourselves. I'll even give you gas money for coming over. This bus has been sitting in our garage over a year and both of us are ready to bring her back to life. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
Attachments
Betsy 2.jpg
Betsy.jpg
71BayinOKC

Re: Need Help with VW Bus

Postby gimpy60 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:06 pm

386-7937 JP, not the best, will take a look at it tho
Random avatar
gimpy60

Postby vdubjim » Sun May 08, 2011 4:35 am

welcome!
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby 71BayinOKC » Sun May 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks JP but I have a guy that is coming over tomorrow morning to take a look at it. As you can tell I am new to the VW world and let me just tell you, everyone so far has been beyond nice. Can't wait to get "betsy" our bus on the road and meet some of you guys. Do you guys have shows? meetings? cruises?

Kevin
71BayinOKC

Postby vdubjim » Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 am

We do. meeting info is in the new user info section, and check the events section for upcoming stuff.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby 71BayinOKC » Mon May 09, 2011 12:32 pm

will do! so a guy was nice enough to come check out the bus this morning and after adding everything up its only going to take about $200 give or take to get her on the road. beer included in that estimate. just need some small things like a distributor cap, generator belt, couple of tins and we are going to replace the fuel lines. The guy even offered to come help when we got ready to put the stuff on. My wife is beyond excited! thanks for all the info and when we get her going we'll come to some meets and shows.

Kevin
71BayinOKC

Postby vdubjim » Wed May 11, 2011 5:09 am

Awesome!
Who is it, why are they not on here?? ;)
vdubjim
Site Admin

Return to Tech Help

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums