New here and to the VW world

Post something about yourself and your ride

New here and to the VW world

Postby KbullGuy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 pm

I purchased a 63 type 1 about 5 years ago and I am finally getting around to tearing it apart and starting the long process!!!! I will take any tips or criticism you guys are willing to give me. My plans for this bug are to keep it mostly original with a few custom changes here and there. I am keeping the 40hp engine but plan on putting the 83mm pistons and cylinders on it. The car is pretty straight minus the fenders. I have a lot of work ahead of me and will pro a ly be asking a lot of questions so feel free to kick me out at any time!!!! ( please don't) Anybody with parts or anything they think might help me and keep me motivated then let me know what it is and how much you want for them.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and getting to know the VW world that I have gotten myself into!!!
Random avatar
KbullGuy

Re: New here and to the VW world

Postby Mason » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Welcome! Don't have any 63 parts but there should be some around. I find attending the meetings helps one stay motivated.
Mason

Postby 69ghia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 am

Welcome to our little VW community. We are glad you found us and hope that you can come hang with us at some if not all of our events, cruises and club meetings. we would be glad to help you in any way possible with your build. Just remember it is a looooooooooooooong process but if you keep motivated and stick with it, the ending process will be worth it I promise. Just a little advise would be to keep your stock fenders ext. Any stock parts you can save will not only add to the value of the car but will also the fit/look is much better than cheap aftermarket crap. Locally in the OKC area there is Bethany Imports and Larry VW service for new and used parts...
69ghia

Postby KbullGuy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Thank you guys for the friendly welcoming!!!!! I am sure that I will soon be more active in the VW world because I k ow that is the only way I will stay motivated to keep going.
As far as the stock parts go, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Right now I am working on getting the engine torn apart, rebuilt, and switched to 12v stuff. Then will come the hard part!!!! I have met Larry and the guys at Bethany and I am sure they will be seeing a lot more of me in the future.
Random avatar
KbullGuy

Postby vdubjim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 pm

'bout time you got working on that thing
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby KbullGuy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:53 am

Yeah I know it!!!!! It hasn't been that I have not wanted to Jim, It has just been a lack of motivation!!!!!!!! Sorry I didn't make it by or call on Saturday, I got to messing around in the garage and lost track of time. I will give you a call sometime this week though. Oh and by the way I found a set of 83mm's so I am another step ahead!!!
Random avatar
KbullGuy

Postby vdubjim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:38 am

Nice!
vdubjim
Site Admin

Return to New user INTRO

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums