Ride Heighth Question

post questions about your car

Ride Heighth Question

Postby Joe-405 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 am

1. If you got a 31" tire on the rear with the torsions turned 1 notch for heighth with cheap coilovers

2. And you got the front at factory height with a 30" tire and gr2 shocks

WILL THE FRONT OR REAR BE HIGHER ????? I just dont wanna buy tires twice !!! :?:
Joe-405

Highscores: 4

Re: Ride Heighth Question

Postby gimpy60 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 am

with the light weight you have, I don't think you want to turn nothing up. that will put you on the stops, & you won't have any suspension at all. set the car on blocks at the height you want to achieve (15'' front- 15 1/2" rear) and see what it looks like
Random avatar
gimpy60

Postby vdubjim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 am

I don't think it would be higher. But ya it will ride like crap, at least ditch the coilovers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby Joe-405 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 pm

gimpy60 wrote:with the light weight you have, I don't think you want to turn nothing up. that will put you on the stops, & you won't have any suspension at all. set the car on blocks at the height you want to achieve (15'' front- 15 1/2" rear) and see what it looks like

Its set at ride height and i got the same thing you just stated at 15 1/2.

vdubjim wrote:I don't think it would be higher. But ya it will ride like crap, at least ditch the coilovers

Ok thanks i will put shocks on the rear also then and leave the torsions just did not want them to have the vw sag ! I can always change it later if i want to your saving me some cash for something else.
Joe-405

Highscores: 4

Return to Tech Help

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums