urgent!! santa fe on 240 is closing this week!

General chat that is VW related

urgent!! santa fe on 240 is closing this week!

Postby vdubjim » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:32 pm

thats the rumor! Besides that place sux!!

We dont have much time to choose. Ideas?

All i can think is santafe by tinker, great service.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Re: urgent!! santa fe on 240 is closing this week!

Postby 69ghia » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:40 pm

I vote Sante Fe by tinker. They do have realy great service and besides don't they have a VW powered plane hanging from the ceiling???

I go there often and it is definatly alot better than the current location staff.

But im not sure if they have a meeting room... I've never thought to look so we need to figure that out before we make a permenant decision... :|
69ghia

Postby vdubjim » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:55 pm

When you go in the place look to the left, its a huge room there, and im sure i can talk to the manager and get it no prob.....since im there 2-3 times a week :)
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby 69ghia » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:20 pm

I never noticed it. If it's there then this is my vote for the new meeting place.
69ghia

Postby vwracerdave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Sounds good. Let us know.

Hey we can all meet at the Target parking lot like we used to at 6:45 and cruise to the eating place.
vwracerdave

Postby noah752 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey All,

This is Michael. I changed my usrename for the new site. I am down for the Santa Fe in MWC. It is pretty good
Random avatar
noah752

Postby vdubjim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Someone brought up VZDs.

I think thats a good place, but it is small and depending on the clientel alittle loud.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby mandoclimber » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:14 pm

I have a suggestion... I think that VZD's would be a cool place on Western to go. Tuesday nights generally are not busy and it would be a cool place. Meet somewhere downtown and cruise up and over to 41st and western....
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby mandoclimber » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:16 pm

FYI.. I suggested the middle of the city of sorts due to the fact it would be more accommodating vs driving to the southside or MWC - it does not have to be VZD's but I think something more centrally located would be good.... just my two cents.
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby Mason » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:10 pm

I don't know what vzds is? I'm down for mwc.
Mason

Postby 69ghia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Same here... I don't know what VZD's is either. Can someone talk english here. If your going to abreviate at least include some clue to what it is :? :? :?

I'm in for MWC as well but i will remain open for other options as long as we all understand what it is were supposed to understand :| :| :|
69ghia

Postby vdubjim » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 am

That is the name of the place. VZDs. Its a restaraunt/pub.
use your iphone richard!
http://www.google.com/search?q=vzd+okla ... tartPage=1
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby mandoclimber » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks Jim, sorry I took it for granted that everyone knew what VZD's is... Yeah it is a small bar/grill on 42nd and Western pretty close to Becks Garage. They have a decent menu, down side is that it is sorta small but we could take over the place... :lol:

Also we could meet at Iron Star (urban BBQ) 3700 N Shartel (http://www.ironstarrbbq.com), the wedge pizzeria, Irma's (good burger :D ) (http://www.irmasburgershack.com/) or a couple of others... just offering more suggestions.

Let me know and I will be there next month... cant make this meeting due to being out of town.... Anyone interested in maybe putting on a club show in the spring? If so I will head it up.... just want to see if there is some interest is all.... :?:
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby 69ghia » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 pm

vdubjim wrote:That is the name of the place. VZDs. Its a restaraunt/pub.
use your iphone richard!
http://www.google.com/search?q=vzd+okla ... tartPage=1

Ya ya ya.... Got jokes huh? Lol....

Mandoclimber; We can't have a meeting at a bar... As much as I would like that, anymember who is under the age of 21 can't attend meetings or anyone wishing to bring their family to a meeting would not beable to do so. I'm down with any place that serves alcohol as long as all ages can attend meetings... :| :ugeek: :|
69ghia

Postby mandoclimber » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:43 pm

I understand that we cannot have a meeting at a bar... I could have sworn it was any age until 10pm when the shows start :oops: ..... oh well not a biggie to me that is why I also suggested a couple of other places..... bottom line is I was just providing some other options to choose from :D . Hold it where ever as long as we can get people to show up.... Mc Nellies (mid town), Irma's (mid town), Chelino's (bricktown), La Luna (downtown), Hooters (NW Highway or Southside), Red Cup Coffee House (Classen), or where ever.... I am just providing suggestions I do not have an attachment to any of them.... :D

If the concensus is Sante Fe in MWC .... then Sante Fe in MWC it is..... I mades some suggestions is all... it is up to everyone to decide where it happens. Prolly just need to make a choice soon so people can plan accordingly.

Jerel
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby Mason » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:03 pm

So were meeting at Santa Fe Mwc then?
Mason

Postby vwracerdave » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:43 pm

My only concern is that we select a place with family pricing. We need to remember that VW people are cheap. As long as we can eat in the $8-$10 range I happy.
vwracerdave

Postby vdubjim » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:52 pm

LOL no dave your cheap. Its ONCE a month!
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby 69ghia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Drag racing keeps him broke. lol...
69ghia

Postby 69ghia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 pm

mandoclimber wrote:I understand that we cannot have a meeting at a bar... I could have sworn it was any age until 10pm when the shows start :oops: ..... oh well not a biggie to me that is why I also suggested a couple of other places..... bottom line is I was just providing some other options to choose from :D . Hold it where ever as long as we can get people to show up.... Mc Nellies (mid town), Irma's (mid town), Chelino's (bricktown), La Luna (downtown), Hooters (NW Highway or Southside), Red Cup Coffee House (Classen), or where ever.... I am just providing suggestions I do not have an attachment to any of them.... :D

If the concensus is Sante Fe in MWC .... then Sante Fe in MWC it is..... I mades some suggestions is all... it is up to everyone to decide where it happens. Prolly just need to make a choice soon so people can plan accordingly.

Jerel

I didn't mean to imply anything. I know that your intensions are good and I appreciate that man... Besides you suggested Hooters and now your my new best friend...Lol!!!
How's the wife and baby doing? good i hope. Anyway im sorry if i came off jerkishly to you. I didn't mean to if I did......

Richard
Keep on Buggin...
69ghia

Postby 69ghia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Putting on a show would be nice mandoclimber, but for some reason no one wants to participate in any club functions. So how would a show work with only three cars at most. thats all that ever shows for a cruise... A show n shine would be nice but theres a lack of interest around here. I think the old volksclub spooked alot of vw people around here and now everyone has become lazy in the vw scene around here... Heck we can come up with a show just out of my dad's garage... he's got a ready made car show...lol...

That would mean that atleast 7 cars would show. :lol:

any way im down with a show if we can get the intrest up around here again.....
69ghia

Postby Mason » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:57 am

Ok the issue of club participation has gone on long enough. The whining needs to stop I know I am guilty of it too. Hear me out because I have been thinking of some things for awhile. In talking with some of the members I feel the club is at a crossroads of sort. There are a few individuals who want to see this club grow into something great and some who are happy where it is at. So lets discuss it.
Lets think about what the issues are present in the club.
1. The club was setup as a laid back club.
This is a plus and a negative at the same time. It allows us to operate in almost complete autonomy but it also hurts us in having a sense of brotherhood and having club pride.
2. The fact that previous clubs might have hurt the VW scene in the past.
3.We aren't real well known. I mean up until a week ago nobody really had any affiliation on their cars.
4. Every well known club has some kind of event that defines them and keeps them in the minds of enthusiasts.
These are a few problems I can think of after a few beers but I am serious about promoting the club.
We have maybe 10 people that I would consider active participants in the club, with the top three being fairly new to the scene or club.In talking with Jim I have kind of gotten an idea of how pittiful the participation has been over the years. There are plenty of clubs in the state that would be a model of somthing to strive for.
This brings up some questions on its own.
How do we grow as a club?(Stickers, shows,shirts, flyers,door to door lets get some ideas.)
What direction do we want to go? ( stay with the laid back style, a full blown non-profit org with a board or somewhere in between the two.)
We need an event whether its a show or yearly cruise or something lets get some ideas going.
Do we leave the people who are maybe not really that involved behind or do we try and motivate them to get involved?
How do we go about marketing ourselves to the OKC metro and surrounding area?
Is there something to be desired in having a club that mimics that of the wetdubbers in the state? They have a huge member base that spans the state and surrounding states while keeping a section for each of the localities.(http://www.wetdub.com) They are extremely active
These a just some of the things that I have been thinking about recently and would like to hear everyone's opinion on.
I mean there are some really awesome VW guys with some great resources available in the area. I mean I cannot thank Vdubjim enough for everything he has helped me with or all the parts he has cut me a deal on.
There are some really great dubbers in the city:
VdubJim (if you need parts or want to learn some stuff he's the man) I went over to help him swap a motor and he pretty much turned me loose to work on his car which is pretty sweet. If you have never been to his shop you need to. He means buisness.
Larry Terry of Larry's VW service ( been working on dubs since they were invented and builder of some of the nicest show and race cars)
Ron at Bethany imports (great deal of knowledge about all dubs air and water)
Anthony with the Green oval and 15 window bus (stupid good car builder)
Eddie of Eddie's imports
Darryl (Awesome guy and has great labor prices and pretty much knows everything about VW's)
Jason sells a ton of cars locally right now I think he has two verts and a split panel bus for sale
RICHARD terry (even though he drives a ghia )
and many more.
There is something wrong when a local guy has to go to Tulsa to be a member of a club.(Some of you know who i'm talking about)

All I have to say in closing of this rambling at 2:30 am is were getting more and more members who want to be involved so lets all think about the points I have brought up and hit the ground running to drag this club from a few people to a active and lively group of enthusiast. If somebody needs help throwing in a motor or setting their valves there should not be a lack of volunteers to help.
Mason

Postby vdubjim » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:46 am

all REALLY great points!!

The only reason i have not tried to do more things with the club i guess is being discouraged with the turnout at the present events, so why take the time to make more if the current amount of people show none-4?

The yukon show still baffles me though. It is a really great turnout for the area, but yet cant get anyone to show up to a cool cruise to the rock cafe, help people work on their cars, movie night, a campout etc. i had mike hand out cards to everyone at the yukon show, so they know about us and this site, wether they choose not to come on here or are absent a computer i have no idea.

We had a pretty decent amount of people on here last spring, i know there was some arguing that took place about a motor and some paintwork etc.. that might have scared people off, i tried to deal with that and not be an a-hole and try to be neutral but sometimes enough is enough.

BUT onto the IMPORTANT thing at hand...... MEETING LOCATION.

we have a bunch for SF, one kinda iffy and no other replies. Im going to say TONIGHT (saturday) is the cutoff for announcing the location.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby Fireplug77 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 am

Is the meeting going to be this Tuesday and where will it be. I'm good to go to any location. Also I'm new to the club I though it was a neat idea about the Rock cafe but I did not have a car going.
Fireplug77

Postby Snot Rod » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 pm

My $0.02 worth......

The location for the meetings should be centrally located geographically to make it as convenient as possible to everyone. It would be nice if the location was near a major road or highway so that our vehicles would be seen by "drive by's" as that may generate some interest. I am also baffled by the turnout at the Yukon show, most of the folks I talked with were from OKC or surrounding areas but you never see them at the meetings so I know there are quite a few VW owners out there. I think Mason hit on a couple of things we should consider, shirts, stickers anything to get our information out besides the website. Maybe we should try another cruise but advertise it on Craigslist, as this website is not easy to find on Google. Now that fall is here a cruise to Mt Scott, or Red Rock Canyon, or Arbuckle lake may be a start.
Snot Rod

Postby mandoclimber » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:23 pm

First things first…. Richard no worries I did not take offense to anything you stated. I am glad that you are providing suggestion and comments on what we should be doing as a club …. So no apology necessary at all….. And thanks for asking about the family… all is well, but sleep is a commodity that we need more of these days…LOL.

Here is my two cents as well…. Regarding Mason’s comments:

1. The club was setup as a laid back club.
When I first started in the club we were meeting in MWC at checkers (if memory serves me right). I was surprised when I contacted jim and asked him how much to join the club was and he said it was free… which shocked me actually because I was a member of the ‘old club’ before it imploded…. Fyi I had a orange 71 Ghia… so go easy on Richard…lol.
2. The fact that previous clubs might have hurt the VW scene in the past.
I agree I was a little gun shy on the club thing but I have to say I was not gun shy enough to not look up the new club… Ron at Bethany told me about the club so at least some of the folks out there know about us… but we have to show people we are not the club of the past but a functional and fun club of today.

4. Every well known club has some kind of event that defines them and keeps them in the minds of enthusiasts.
I agree this is a tough one. I think it might be helpful to do something in conjunction with another regional VW club. We might look into doing something with the Dallas VW club, maybe get something set up at the Ardmore convention center, a simple show and shine… we could also do something with the Tulsa club as well between OKC and Tulsa. The reason for collaborating with other regional clubs is that if they know someone in our area they could direct them to us. I think that might be a way to then to get other regional clubs to attend our future events as well. No guarantees but a thought.

How do we grow as a club?(Stickers, shows,shirts, flyers,door to door lets get some ideas.)
I am down for the sticker thing. We just need to get vintage speedworks to put some together and have the members purchase them. I know that Mason and I both have a sticker on our VW’s. I have an idea that might work; If we have a membership fee we can give a club sticker with membership (yeah I know sounds a lot like the ‘old club’ but they did do a few things pretty good).

As for a club shirt I think that is an excellent idea (again just my opinion). I have been thinking that a really cool shirt might be a mechanic shirt with our name or nickname on the front like the old school shirts with our club logo on the back. This would be pretty fitting for any aircooled VW owner because most of us are our own mechanic.

I also don’t know if this is already in place but maybe we can approach some of the local VW shops (Larry’s, Bethany, Eddies, Kerr, etc…) and see if they would be willing to give a break (5-10%) to local club members on parts. Again it cannot hurt to ask all they can do is say no. I also think we should put fliers up in all the VW shops promoting our meetings and functions. Ron and Roger at Bethany told me about club when I got back into the VW’s. I wonder how many people have thought about the ‘old club’ and didn’t realize that we have a new club in the OKC area that is nothing like the old club.

To help our club grow I think we need the club to represent some type of value; whether that is camaraderie or similar car interest. That value could be having a local expert or club member come in a provide some tricks or tips related to VW’s; that could be setting valves, adjusting ride height, vintage vs custom, top 10 things to make your VW a better daily driver, these are just ideas nothing more…. We could also have a quarterly workshop or newsletter (electronic sent out to members) of some type as well… I cannot think of any more right off the top of my head but you hopefully get the idea.

Again what is the value of our club for people to join?

What direction do we want to go? ( stay with the laid back style, a full blown non-profit org with a board or somewhere in between the two.)
Now in my very humble opinion I think we should develop the club into a non profit organization with a board. I think that it would be helpful for the club. I know from being on the boards of other clubs in the past that without some form of structure clubs have a hard time keeping a float as well as they lack direction. It also spreads out the work for folks. Again just my opinion.

Do we leave the people who are maybe not really that involved behind or do we try and motivate them to get involved?
I don’t think we should ostracize anyone who wants to be a part of the club we just have to find out what motivates them. That is not an easy task but it is worth a try to get them involved and active with the club. Again just an opinion.

How do we go about marketing ourselves to the OKC metro and surrounding area?
This is one that I think if we do something with other regional clubs it will get our name out there. I also thing doing some things with other car groups (European) might be a way to spread the word about our group.

Sorry for the long post… but I agree with Mason… we need to move forward as a group!!!!!

Thanks for bringing this up…

Jerel
Last edited by mandoclimber on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby superwoodrow » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 pm

All good points, I just wish I had the health necessary to attand all the events. I check the posts at least every other day and if I have an answer to a question I try to provide relavant info. I've had a bug since I was 16 and have always worked on them myself. Unfortunately I've hit a snag in my road, heathwise, and I am not able to attend most club outtings (that being said, I feel pretty good this weekend and plan to attend the meeting on Tuesday). I will continue to "attend" vicariously throught the computer and attend in real life when I am able.

No negative waves, baby,
Brett

PS Can anybody help me with posting pictures?
superwoodrow

Postby 69ghia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:44 am

Your all Jealous because of my ghia... I understand, I would be too if it were yours...lol... Ps: Thanks Jarel...

I am one of those who complain about lack of participation. See I joined this club not as a new person to the vw scene but someone who has been around v-dubs my whole life. I'm useto calling up vw enthusiests on any given weekend and in no time having 15 to 20 v-dubs ready to cruise to where ever. Just ask vdubjim. see the v-dubs are all here right under us. V-dubs of all makes and models, show quality to ratty daily drivers. It's all here for us... I agree that we need to forget about the past (clubs etc.) and move forward. I am willing to grow with the club in any way that is necessary to make this a great place for vw enthusiest to want to be apart of.

The club at present is split in what to do. I like the laid back way that the club is at present but at this current state their is no participation in ANY club functions. This is why I think the better approch would be a structured club. As bad as some may not like it, it is in my opinion the only way that we will be able to grow into a respectud V-dub organization. An organization where people are happy to be apart of and want to particpate.

At work I promote the club as much as I can. I talk to any one who owns an air cooled vw who wants to listen. I even go as far as show them the web site when time allows me too. But even doing this is not enough to gain interest. I've said it once and i'll say again. When people see a vw they think it's cool, when they see a couple at the same time it even gets more attention but when 20+ V-dubs are cruising at the same time it's an awsome feeling. If you haven't exsperianced it then your missing out. EVERYONE who see's the cars cruising stop, wave, ask questions etc. People almost fall out of their cars because they hang out of their windows trying to get a better look at the cars. Everyone has a vw story, they either learned how to drive in one or had one as their first vehicle. I dont think that their is a more popular automobile as the vw bug. Shirts, stickers etc. are a good idea but actions will alway's speak louder than anything for the club. If we put all of this together and get out their then our club will grow. When people see us having fun as a group then they too will want to be apart and have this same fun...

Just my two pennies worth.

Richard....
69ghia

Postby mandoclimber » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:25 am

Side note that I want to make.... I want to also thank all the people who have kept the club viable; you know who you are..... but beyond that I want to thank Jim for his constant committment to keeping the club up and going and offering to do just about everything listed above in my response. We just need more people to carry the burden than relying on Jim to keep everyone going and motivated.... thanks as well to some ghia and type three owner... who ever they are.... :lol: they have been helpful in keeping things alive....

OK OK.... so is this weeks meeting at Sante Fe in MWC? I wont be there but I would like to pass it on to a friend of mine who just got a project Ghia so he can attend....
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby mandoclimber » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:25 am

Side note that I want to make.... I want to also thank all the people who have kept the club viable; you know who you are..... but beyond that I want to thank Jim for his constant committment to keeping the club up and going and offering to do just about everything listed above in my response. We just need more people to carry the burden than relying on Jim to keep everyone going and motivated.... thanks as well to some ghia and type three owner... who ever they are.... :lol: they have been helpful in keeping things alive....

OK OK.... so is this weeks meeting at Sante Fe in MWC? I wont be there but I would like to pass it on to a friend of mine who just got a project Ghia so he can attend....
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby 69ghia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:39 am

I think at this point in the game that it should be at Santa Fe in MWC. It's to late to start looking else where on a sunday before the tuesday meeting. Then if we want to move it to a different location after this meeting then thats fine. But at this point lets go with it for now...

So my vote for the Tuesday meeting is at Sante Fe in MWC...

Jim will do it all if more people would buy him beer.... (Blue-moon)... :lol:

Ps: everybody has a bug, but how many have a ghia??????????? Not many around anymore...
Anyone going to buy the notch on craigs list???
I talked to her about trading my water cooled V-dub but now i think i'm just going to pass with winter coming up...
69ghia

Postby vdubjim » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:53 pm

so due to lack of 19 peoples opinion the meet is at sf mwc.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby vwracerdave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:36 pm

My observations........

Because of the past I am gun shy about having a club where money is involved. I don't mind appointing a leader, but money is what got us into trouble in the past. If you look at the divorce rate the biggest reason marriages end is money. I would like to avoid any dues or money income if possible.

20 years ago everybody used to hang out at Jerry Parrott's shop. That is one thing that is lacking today. We don't have a casual place to just hang out. If we are to get a larger group active we must have the support of the local shops and parts stores.

As far as shirts and stickers, they are cool. we need to decide on one official sticker and one official shirt logo. Everybody need to be on the same page.

My biggest reason for not participating on the cruises is that I have to work Saturdays. I get one Saturday off every 6 weeks. I have been mentioning this for 10 years that we schedule a few events for another day, but guess what they always end up on Saturday. As you all know I also drag race most Saturdays from April to October. I did greatly appreciate the race several of you guy came out to watch. Because my cars are set up to race, at the current time I do not own a VW that I could drive on a hour long cruise. (That's my problem, not yours)

Meeting at a restaurant where you are expected to order is another hardship. When we met at the pizza place a few years ago we had a large crowd because we had several that could show up and just get a coke or not order anything. When we left and went to Chequers the attendance was cut in 1/2 because many people didn't want to(or couldn't) spend $10-$15 to eat.

The road to success will be traveled by the many that make the journey. Figure out what the majority want and leave behind the folks that do not want to follow. Another problem is 5-6 will give their opinion and then the other 15-20 don't have the courage to voice their opinion and then are upset because it didn't work out like they wanted.

A car show takes 30-40 dedicated people to pull off. The thing that really killed the old club was having 65 trophies for 25 different classes and 300 T-Shirts. It was about a $4000 deal to pull of the old shows.

The thing about the WetDub club is that many of those people drive a car that is only 4-5 years old. Many of them it is their only car. We are trying to get people with 35-50 year old cars that maybe less then 1/2 of them are used as full time daily transportation.

RacerDave
vwracerdave

Postby vdubjim » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm

perfect dave, you hit the nail square on the head!!

I agree with all of it but 1 thing....

All the places we pick for the meetings dont care if you eat or not, this included chequers, remember this is not volksclub and bbq station!

Also people need not be scared about opinions, thats what makes the club fun an interesting! Without people we are nothing...

Cruises from what i understood were pretty much only a sat thing? Last time we did sun nobody showed due to church?
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby Mason » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Jim and I are getting togheter to work on some t-shirt design. We will bring them to the meeting tues so we can decide on one. I don't think everyone will like the sticker has to be the same for everyone.
Mason

Postby 69ghia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:51 pm

As alway's this will be a strugle to pull off, but for those of us that are willing to go the extra mile it will happen as long as we all pull together and see this trough to the end. I'm one who will actively participate in any function that we as a group put on. As I have with almost everything that we have as a small group since i've become a member.

I would rather be part of club that only has 5 members that gets out and cruise, than a big club with 300+ members that do nothing...

Hey Jim has a nice garage that needs to be cleaned, That would be a great place as a club to hang out........Lol.......... :D

I'm also going to introduce the great V-dub ride along program. Those of you who can't participate because of not having a running/driving v-dub then feel free to ask to ride along with someone in the club. Even though you can't drive your car at least you still can participate in club functions. Just ask me, I'll be glad to let a club member ride along with me during a cruise... I'm sure others in the club would do the same. So if anyone wants to participate but dont have a car to drive then just ask us on the cruise threads... 8-)
69ghia

Postby vdubjim » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok we have a large table reserved, the damn air force has the huge room.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby mandoclimber » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Go figure... LOL
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby 69ghia » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:58 pm

F-n Air Force jerks. If only I knew any one in the air force id givem a piece of my mind..... Lol....
69ghia

Postby Mason » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 pm

I'll be there a little early to try and reserve some parking for us.

Happy hour ends at 7 too.
Mason

Postby superwoodrow » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm in! I'm going, I'll see you all at the meeting!

The son's sick so no Cub Scouts!
superwoodrow

Postby mandoclimber » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Well have a good meeting... someone have a beverage for me..... I will be in Salt Lake.... let me know what the shirt design ends up looking like...

Jerel
Random avatar
mandoclimber

Postby superwoodrow » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:31 pm

I spoke too soon, too many sick kids. If I'da left I'd been in REAL trouble.

Brett
superwoodrow

Postby wspider3 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm

ok i dont know if this means anything but first off ill admit im lazy and i have two jobs so im either busy or lazy . but i id attend a meeting one time and it wasnt what i expected all of the people were super nice and when i came in they all introduced them selves i found a seat and i talked to the three or four people around me. we got all the questions out of the way like what u got and stuff like that but when the questions were over it was like i came into a group of a bunch of people who have know eachother for a long time and i just kinda sat back in the corner it was kinda hard to talk to people at a long table. i dont know what im trying to say other then just tell u how i felt when i left
Random avatar
wspider3

Postby 69ghia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Basicaly thats what it is at this point. A group of friends... I ask you to come back to a meeting and get to know us and you will have a better time I promise. At this time it's not a meeting like a board where you sit back and listen to what is on the table. So this is nothing more than a group of vw guy's who get together and talk about their cars or what ever. I've only been a member for about four month's or so. Yes my first meeting was a bit okward. It's just general conversation. Talk to us and I garentee you that we will talk back and yes even listen...

If you want to talk, then just but in, everyone else does... If you want to talk then just ask RACERDAVE he alway's want's to talk to anyone that will listen...
love ya racerdave...lol... :P :P :P

Anyway we hope that you come back and give it a second chance.

Richard...
Last edited by 69ghia on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
69ghia

Postby vdubjim » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:30 pm

If it wasnt what you expected, im curious to know what did you expect? Sp we all know what to do/change for future meets.
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby wspider3 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:10 pm

well to b honest i dont know what to expect i thought it would be more organized i guess and now that yall say it i sat across from racerdave and he did talk to me alot I know im not the most out going person and it takes me awhile to warm up so that was the problem mostly but i will come to another meeting i just dont have a car that can b driven in the winter time now
Random avatar
wspider3

Postby vwracerdave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:43 pm

I love being the subject of contraversy. Yes I'll talk to anybody that will listen. I even listen once in awhile. You don't have to drive your VW to the meeting, just show up and enjoy yourself. Won't cost you any extra.

The old club had all that organization stuff. Reading of the minutes, treasures report, voting on 17 different thing, and an hour long meeting nothing was enjoyable, I don't miss that crap.

David
vwracerdave

Postby wspider3 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:42 pm

yea i will go to more meeting i just need to get to know everyone then it will b fine i really just need to stop being so damn lazy every time i think about going i change my mind and sit at home and do nothing
Random avatar
wspider3

Postby 69ghia » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:35 pm

You Won't be disapointed. Come and have a good time with fellow V-Dub enthusiests. We would love to have you........

David, we only pick on ya because we like ya man...

Richard
69ghia

Return to Vw Discussion

Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buying traffic website
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums